Post COVID-19 Care
Our team works with patients recently hospitalized with COVID-19 to assist in improving strength and fine motor skills. Patients may be admitted directly from home or hospital post ICU and ventilator dependent course of treatment. Glen Cove Center for Nursing & Rehabilitation requires patients to test negative for COVID-19 prior to admission.
For information on visitations and Covid related protocol, please visit our Visitation Guidelines page.
We offer all aspects of respiratory and neurological care for post COVID patients with on-site Pulmonologist, Respiratory and Neurological therapists, including:
- High Flow o2 Therapy
- Physical Therapy and on-site Pulmonary Tests
- On-Site Respiratory therapist and therapy
- Cognitive therapy for post COVID Hypoxia and/or Encephalopathy
- Endurance training for post COVID deconditioning with impaired lung/respiratory function
- Strengthening Skills post COVID physical deconditioning
- Swallowing therapy for post COVID Dysphagia also with Trachs and trach removal
- Communication therapy post COVID
- Psychosocial Support post COVID with Neuropsychology and supportive trained staff
- Stroke Rehabilitation
- Family involvement within the rehabilitation process via Zoom and Google Duo